What is Bullying?
Bullying is characterized aggressive behavior that is intentional and that involves an imbalance of power or strength and is typically repeated over time.
Reporting an incident online will be directed to the school where the incident took place. The school administrator or his/her designee will respond within 1 school day or 24 school working hours. Note: As required by Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) student information will only be released to a parent/legal guardian and the student to protect the privacy of student education records.
If this is an emergency outside of school working hours and you need immediate support please call 911 or call one of the following agencies:
- Crisis Center: 1-800-273-8255 or 775-784-8090
- Local law enforcement:
- Reno Police Department: (775) 334-2175
- Sparks Police Department: (775) 353-2231
- Washoe County Sheriff Department: (775) 328-3001
- Secret Witness: (775) 329-6666 or text to 274637 Enter TIP725 + message
- WCSD Counseling Administration: (775) 721-5284
Other methods of reporting a bullying incident:
Bullying Prevention Tips and Resources http://washoecountyschools.org/schools/safe-and-drug-free-schools/bullying---prevention-tips